Sunday, May 6, 2007

As Irl says, “..has no idea what he’s talking about.”

Bob seems to harbor a genuine resentment for anyone with an advanced degree. Bob even shows hostility even to those who have completed college. At the risk of sounding pedantic, Bob is an anti-intellectual who has never attended college. This is a deficiency glaringly apparent in ways Bob will never, ever understand.

In short, he does not know what he does not know.

Before I had a handle on Bob and his ways, I responded to his repeated invitations and sent an email suggesting he understand the difference, which he manifestly did not, between deductive logic and inductive logic. I reprint below his reply, from March 28, 2002:

When I observe an effect and determine the cause by eliminating theories A and B being left with C, which is more plausible than the rest, that is deductive reasoning.

Do you really have to get this microscopic to try and refute me? Man, that boosts my confidence that much more. Thanks. Bob

What more can Irl or I add, pedantically, or otherwise?

3 comments:

DJ said...

Bob wrote back to you? I'm hurt! He never wrote back to me!

Lumberjack said...

He has not responded to me since I sent him clear documentation showing that Fisher Ames, was not as he repeatedly claims yet today, "the author of the first amendment."

Anonymous said...

To further boost Bob's confidence I am amazed that he knew the order was A then B then C. I honestly thought that he would have blanked out after saying "B".