Thursday, February 28, 2008

McCain gets Endorsement from Anti-Catholic Hagee

This week, Bob spent several hours discussing Louis Farrakhan's endorsement of Barack Obama. Bob demanded Obama repudiate Farrakhan. Obama did, saying, "I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan."

Now, John McCain has picked up a controversial endorsement from Pastor John Hagee. Unlike the Obama-Farrakhan endorsement, this is an endorsement that McCain actively sought out. McCain stood next to Hagee to accept the pastor's blessing.

What's so controversial about Hagee? Quite a bit. His anti-Catholic stance is the most revealing. Catholic League president Bill Donohue said, "for the past few decades, [Hagee] has waged an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church. He likes calling it ‘The Great Whore,’ an ‘apostate church,’ the ‘anti-Christ,’ and a ‘false cult system.’"

Will Bob now demand that McCain repudiate the anti-Catholic statements of John Hagee? Will he spend hours discussing this and invite listeners to call in?

I'm not holding my breath.

Prove me wrong, Bob.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard Bob mention that he was going to talk about this on Monday's (3/3) show, but unfortunately, work got in the way of me hearing it. Did anybody hear Bob denounce McCain for not denouncing Hagee? Or was it more of a "Hagee's not nearly as bad as Farrakhan" type thing?

Unknown said...

Is this the same John McCain who in 2004 denounced Falwell and his ilk as agents of intolerance? My, what a difference 4 years and sucking up to the GOP base will do to one's views.

Unknown said...

Sorry, my bad. In my previous post I said 2004 when it was actually back in 2000 when McCain was running against Little George.